Friday, December 19, 2014


Sea shanties week I think I finally stopped being so frustrated with everything I was making and it sounds minor but I'm pretty sure it was because I liked the green I mixed into the top left corner so much. I was just trying to make something oceany, some colors that invoke the ocean visually but also through their feelings. Like the meaning of the ocean and the depth and changeability of water, though I guess that's kind of cliche. I'm very interested generally in "elements", for lack of a better term, as symbols, because I think they function in the same way color does. Like water/the ocean can have a literal meaning but it also has layers of emotional and symbolic meaning, which is how colors function for me, so they feel connected like that. The motion and form of this one is kind of so-so, but I'm not really mad about it because I like the colors so much. That's the main thing I have to tackle I think --balancing form and motion and texture with getting the right colors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment