Friday, December 19, 2014

I'm pretty sure my frustration with painting carried into "Careless Love", because I was still reworking that piece that was originally supposed to be for John Hurt week. In a way the two were mirrors to one another. The above piece was supposed to be more calm, like the Lonnie Johnson version; the other one was more chaotic a la Victoria Spivey. I liked the song. I felt it was about the ways in which one's own actions and feelings can affect others, even if it's not readily apparent / obvious. Though I'm not happy with this piece....honestly it looks like an Icee ad the more i look at it. like its just the colors of the Icee logo. so whatever, fuck that. I'm interested in the blues I ended up making, but not in conjuction with the flat white and that weird purple. I don't really like that purple color much at all. Like I said in the earlier post I just hit a block with painting and life generally at some point so everything I was making started to seem off to me and I just gave up on it for a few weeks. Then when I started again everything was still coming out kind of wrong. I'm pretty sure I didn't feel satisfied with anything until I mixed the colors for the very last piece i did (for the sea shanties week). 

No comments:

Post a Comment